GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
There are a number of reasons why a custom staircase might be the better choice for your home, particularly when dealing with an awkward space where no other type will work perfectly alone.
Many homeowners opt for custom stairs in Melbourne because of the unique aesthetic appeal that they offer. There is something truly unique about these staircases that cannot be replicated using one type alone.
There are three options to choose from:
- Closed & Concealed(whereby the string has been concealed within the wall on one side and has been closed on the other to allow for a balustrade)
- Cut & Closed(whereby the string has been closed against the wall on one side and has been cut on the other so that the treads are visible in the void)
- Open & Cut(whereby the staircase has no risers and the treads can be seen from the side, sitting on top of the stringer)
- Suits any style, from contemporary to traditional
- Combine the elements you love from various styles
- Completely custom designed to suit your home
- Choose from three combination options
- Enables staircases to be built in all sorts of spaces
More Types of Stairs
Homeowners opt for open stairs in Canada for two main reasons the first is because they can help the space to feel much larger than it actually is, and the second is that you can see through them to the space beyond (great for getting natural light into the stairwell).
Closed stairs in Canada are viewed as being the height of strength and safety. Closed staircases have the added appeal of providing functional space underneath for storage or bookshelves. Closed stairs designs are also very aesthetically pleasing, particularly in larger homes with plenty of wide open space.
When your staircase adjoins a wall, making the transition as smooth as possible tends to be the goal of most homeowners. This is where concealed stairs come in, the stringer is hidden underneath the treads and risers, allowing them to butt right up to the plaster.